- MA In Counselling.
- Diploma in Human Givens Therapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- I also subscribe to the idea that ongoing CPD is essential for ensuring that my work with clients is ethical and safe therefore I continue to undertake various training / development.
For the past 27 years I have worked in the field of counselling as a therapist and trainer and my wide range of employment has given me the opportunity to work in various settings including business and community arenas as an employee as well as a private practitioner. From past to present I have;
- Took the lead in the initial and ongoing development of a Darlington based counselling service which included reporting to the board of Directors and managing my own caseload.
- Worked for the N.H.S. as a drug / alcohol Counsellor for the Community Addictions Service working within a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, support workers, and social workers.
- Worked as part of a Counselling co-operative providing short term therapy to patients of G.P surgeries where responsibilities included assessment, provision of therapy, monitoring progress and reporting to G. P’s.
- Worked for Hartlepool MIND as a Human Givens therapist providing therapy to clients suffering from mental health problems.
- For the past six years much of my focus has been working with veterans referred to me through PTSD Resolution, a charity working exclusively with veterans through the Human Givens Institute network.
As a Trainer I have;
- Taught Counselling to FE and HE students for the past 20 years.
- Been responsible for the development and delivery of the UoS’ Foundation Degree as Associate Programme Leader at BACOLL.
- Delivered Mental Health modules to final year students at UoS.
- Developed basic bespoke Counselling courses for organisations.
- Delivered bereavement awareness seminars across the North East to Nursing and Care staff.
- Delivered self-esteem and assertiveness workshops to various client groups.
- Developed and delivered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) workshops for therapists and others in a caring role.
- Delivered the Fast Phobia and Trauma Cure (Rewind) training for therapists.
Christine can be contacted via email at email@example.com or via telephone on 01325 582088 / 07973492384.