- BA In Counselling.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- I also subscribe to the idea that ongoing CPD is essential for ensuring that my work with clients is ethical and safe therefore I continue to undertake various training / development.
I qualified as a Counsellor in 2010 following many years in various commercial roles within multinational, SME, third sector and self-employed environments. My pragmatic and enthusiastic approach has brought about many achievements that range, in context, from managing cost reduction projects, implementing employee & satisfaction programmes, securing multi-million pound contracts and developing community integration activities. My success to date has been based largely on my ability to develop fruitful and collaborative relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
As a therapist I have;
- Worked in academic settings as a therapist supporting students and employees.
- Worked for MIND as a Counsellor supporting adults with Mental Health difficulties.
- Worked in private practice seeing a variety of clients.
- For the past few years my focus has been providing workplace therapy for employees of local organisations which has enabled me to draw on my previous experience as an employer and employee which has helped in the development of the therapeutic relationship.
- Through my own experience, my studies and my therapeutic work to date I have developed an interest in psychologically supporting members of the armed forces.
As a trainer I have;
- Taught Counselling to FE and HE students for the last 7 years.
- Developed bespoke Counselling / well-being courses for private, academic and third sector organisations.
- Supported the delivery of the Fast Phobia and Trauma Cure (Rewind) training for therapists.
Paul can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 01325 582088 / 07976810828.